often unique combination of creativity, education
and experience bring a strong voice to her passion for safety.
Michelle became a vocal proponent for safety while working as Project
Co-ordinator of Safety for the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ, working closely
with Downtown Watch Ambassadors & Volunteers.
Building on her experience with BIZ, Michelle is best known for her
public speaking and advocacy work, specializing in road safety
presentations about impaired and distracted driving.
Additionally, she provides a voice for tow truck operators promoting
“Move Over” legislation. Her work has been published in towing magazines
including Tow Canada & Tow Times, local and community newspapers.
In partnership with Manitoba Public Insurance, SADD Saskatchewan and
Saskatchewan Government Insurance, Michelle has brought her engaging
message to thousands of young people in schools and community clubs
across Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
While she specializes in connecting with youth and young adults,
Michelle’s diverse experience and engaging, confident presentation style
appeal to audiences of all ages.
Major speaking engagements:
- SADD Saskatchewan Leadership Conference, 2014
- OSAID Conference, 2014
- SADD Alberta Provincial Leadership Conference, 2013
- SADD Saskatchewan and Saskatchewan Government Insurance Impaired Driving Awareness Week Tour, 2013
- Safe Communities Gala, 2012
- AAA Ohio Auto Club, 2012
- Florida Tow Show, 2012
- Manitoba Public Insurance Friends for Life Speaker Series, 2011
- Registered Auditors Certificate, 2014
- Health and Safety Professional Designation, 2013
- Public Relations Diploma, University of Winnipeg DCE, 2008
- Management Certificate, University of Winnipeg DCE, 2008
- Member of the Manitoba Minimoto Racing Association 2015
- Mental Health First Aid 2014
- CAPS Speaker School 2014
- First Aid 2013
- Certified Flag Person 2013
- Live 1 hour Radio interview with Richard Cloutier on Manitoba Addictions Awareness Week November 2011
Violent Crisis Intervention Training
Member of the Manitoba
Criminal Justice Association
of IABC and CPRS 2008
1 hour Radio interview with Richard Cloutier on Public Health Care 2008
in a Positive Workplace Seminar 2007
Assistant Certificate from the Banff
Academy of Business 2007
on behalf of victims of Drinking and Driving and failures of the Manitoba Mental Health System